Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Lotion Trial Number Two

I used the same recipe but lowered the stearic acid by 1% and upped the water 1%.  I accidentely added too much Jojoba, couple grams.  This time I used a Rise and Shine sample fragrance which is very light and unisex.


I purchased a bottle drying rack (baby bottle I'm guessing).  This worked nicely to sanitize all my bottles and such before making the lotion.  I kept with a higher temperature for mixing but still within the range of the preservative.  This allowed for easy pouring.  I did a smaller batch so made two 2 oz bottles and one 4 oz bottle.



I need to get the regular emulsifying wax to try out and see the comparison of the two.  I still like this recipe in general but excited to try some other oils and of course other scents!

No comments:

Post a Comment